Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Goodnight!

It's 12:15 am and I'm heading to bed, but before I drift off into unconsciousness, I thought I drop off a quick update.
This weekend was fairly uneventful. I did, however, get to meet Christian’s family, who came all the way from Lancaster, PA to see him (and have vacation). It was nice to meet people who know Christian really well and here some good stories. We met up in Stephansplatz and headed to the 19th District for some true Austrian grub. One of Christian’s close friends and a stand out guy, Dan Pucher, helped us find the restaurant, which was named “Zum Renner”. --Side Note: There is about a 12% chance that “Zum Renner” is the correct name.-- Regardless, I ordered the goose and it was absolutely amazing. After enjoying some goose, I headed back to work on a 15-page paper that’s due this Friday. By the end of the weekend, I had around 5 and a half pages finished.
On Monday we had our German class with Frau Graf, which was fun as always. Additionally, we were visited by Doctor Vazulik, who is running our correspondence class back at West Point. While I had never before had a class with Dr. V, I had several interviews with him and his visit reminded me how intelligent and nice he is. It was a very nice visit. I also had dance class and to my surprise, I think I'm getting better.
Today was… long. I had Tactics class from 8 am to 8 pm, with only about 2 hours of breaks. Most of it was spent outside in various Austrian fields and it was pretty interesting, however, it was also terrifically windy and cold outside. --Side Note: This wind was not messing around; it seemed to cut straight to the marrow as soon as it hit you.-- Upon returning to my room, I chatted with Michelle and a buddy from back home, Seth, and worked on my paper. Page Count: almost 8.
Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment