Sunday, November 14, 2010

Update

My fiancee, Michelle, and I at a vineyard in the Steiermark

Michelle, Seth, Matt, and I in Hungary

The Austrian Sports Badge (also called the Ă–STA)


Bowling with Ritter von Lehmann

Brigadier General Rapp, the other cadets, and I after sharing lunch together

Once again I must apologize for my extended blogging break, it has been a little busy of late. Over the past two weeks a lot has happened, here is a condensed list:
-Excursion to the Steiermark (also known as Styria)
-Weekend trip to Budapest (pronounced Boodapesht)
-More and more free-riding in Horse Riding Class
-Earned (but have yet to receive) the Austrian Sports Badge (similar to the German Proficiency Badge)
-Attended class
-Played poker twice
-Excursion to Graz (the capital of the Steiermark)
-Turned 21
-Enjoyed unseasonably warm weather (70 degrees Fahrenheit)
-Got a haircut
-Attended Mass (which is not normal, as I am Non-Denominational Protestant)
-Went Bowling
-Showed the USMA Commandant around the military academy
While I did more than this (breathed, slept, ate, etc.) I thought I would try and keep it to things that are interesting or important. Additionally, if you are curious about any of these things, you are welcome to contact me or just google them.
Also, my fiancee was here for almost two weeks and it was absolutely wonderful. It was great to see and spend time with her, and was a welcomed break from a little homesickness. I think it was also really enjoyable for her to get to see Europe (and me) and we definitely enjoyed ourselves. I am very much looking forward to seeing her in a little under five weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment