Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Gotta love the semester abroad...

Life is good. Yesterday I received my schedule for the current semester (I still haven't techincally started classes). I found out that I have between 1 and 3 academic classes a week. Even though this does not include my once a week Horse Riding class, my mandatory workouts twice a week, or my dance class once every other week in Vienna, it is quite a difference compared to my regular 20 class hours or so a week back at West Point. Let's just say that I am more than a little bit excited. I am excited about not having a curfew while here, especially because I've heard (and seen) that these Austrians like to go out during the week.
Tomorrow I am running the 100 meter dash in Sportfest, a fun yearly competition between the incoming freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and the seniors who are graduating on Friday. While I haven't run the 100 meter since high school, I've been told that it doesn't matter. The Austrians say the competition is really second place to the huge kegger that takes place immediately following it. Having helped to set up the party, I can personally say that it is going to be out of control. I think I counted 25 kegs and 50 cases of bottled beer (for approximately 360 cadets). Tomorrow should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment